oh, anthro

i love anthropologie.  i mean it.  there’s no other store that has me from the window display to the cloth napkins.  really.  i get mad at myself for being swept away by the ridiculously overpriced clothes and exotic perfumes – well, 40% of me does, anyway.  the other 60% is happy to flit and float among the unabashed luxury around me.  some get their kicks on a rickety roller coaster ride: i get a the same thrill out of a visit to anthro.  so sue me.

my pocketbook, however, usually leaves me biting my fist whenever i visit (or get the catalog in the mail!).  so i’ve been trying to find a more frugal way to get that artsty-feminine look.  (it’s not that easy…hence the anthro price tag.  they know what they’re doing!) and guess where i found it.  WAL-MART.  i know.  go ahead and cringe.  what a dichotomy!  but i’m thrilled about this so i just had to share:

exhibit a:  the ‘long & lean’ chemise.  i’ve been long lamenting my pajama drawer.  ratty t-shirts, old workout clothes.  really, i shouldn’t complain, but i’ve always wanted some real, grownup jammies.  spotted this maxi gown in the store (layered under a crazy-print robe) and grimaced at the price tag:  $70 for a simple JERSEY knit?  that you wear to bed?  oh, wait. not just to bed, you say, but also lounging on a $6000 chaise in a 6th floor flat, lazily munching bon-bons and sipping au laits, in front of big open windows dripping with ivy and wisteria?  okay.  fine.

well, take this:  nearly the same darn thing (same color, same cut, same material), from the norma kamali line at ol’ wally-world.  for $12.  for that price, i can get the matching robe.  i feel a bit vindicated. 

top that off with a crazy-print anthro tunic, found at Scout this weekend (thanks, Mom & Dad, for the gift card!), and i think it’s safe to say i scratched that itch pretty well.  now to stay out of there for awhile.  anthro.  you fashion siren.

Advertisements

About lindsay

just a girl, creator, reader, learner, homeschooler. wife to one and mother to two others. in the city and loving it. in pursuit of God and community.
This entry was posted in fashionada. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to oh, anthro

  1. Jane says:

    Love this post! You look good no matter where you shop, my friend 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s