All of these sleepless nights have got me wanting to watch something completely silly. I need light fare. No heavy thinker-type movies, no complicated plot twists, just mindless entertainment that doesn’t require much from my fatigued brain. And I think I found it: My Big Redneck Wedding, on CMT, Friday nights. Love it. I haven’t laughed this hard since before I had Liam! Take whatever you think you know about ‘rednecks’, ‘hill folk’ (as Michael calls them), etc., multiply it by ten and cover it will tulle. I have this strange fascination with the hill-folk, and want to visit Appalachia (say, “ap-ah-LATCH-ah”), but this….this show takes it to a whole new level for me. Trellises strung with crushed beer cans (flanked by the confederate flag), bridal parties dressed in full camo (purchased at Wal-Mart, of course!), wedding cakes made to look like horse manure, and riding to the ceremony in a carriage drinking beer from a koozie….oh yeah. If you’re stuck at home on a Friday night (like I am for now), you gotta tune in!
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 3 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 3 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola