Reese loves animals, but since she’s too young to help take care of a pet and our landlords don’t allow them, we’ve adopted this little black squirrel who comes to play under our locust tree out front. Blackie gets roasted peanuts mostly, sometimes stale bread. I’m half doing this to keep him from stripping the tree of its bark…for some reason, nuts are hard to come by this year, so squirrels around here are starting to eat bark instead. A squirrel famine! So we’re doing our part and feeding him and the other two (smarter/quicker) brown squirrels that come over. He’s a jumpy little fellow – shy and suspicious – but we’re winning him over. And Reese is finding that she loves peanuts-in-the-shell too.
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 4 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 4 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola