It was bound to happen – Rhys hasn’t ever been really sick before – until this week! Both Rhys and I had the stomach flu (gastroenteritis?), picked up at a birthday party. Boo! Down and out for a couple of days, I have never seen Rhys so listless. She usually has so much energy, but she spent most of the day sleeping or laying down on the floor (see photo – she just flopped down in the middle of her bedroom floor!), couch, or on me. Thank goodness that Michael was able to stay home for a day and play nursemaid. He earned his keep this week, for sure.
We seem to be out of the woods now, just resting and regaining our energy. This morning, Rhys woke up early and wouldn’t sleep anywhere else but back-to-back with me in our bed, for two more hours til Michael left for work. It was a sweet, rare moment. I kind of like this cuddly version of our normally spunky toddler – don’t tell her, though.
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 4 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 4 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola