I got tagged by my friend, Becky, to list 10 things about me that you may not know. Becky, you punk! This is going to require some serious thinking. Here goes nothing:
1. I knew Michael when we first started going to Trinity (where he’d attended almost his whole life), and had a crush on him since I was 12 and in the same Sunday school. It would be 4 more years til we’d go on our first date (my first and only boyfriend), and 11 more til we got hitched. At this point, I’ve known him over half my life (and am still nuts over him!).
2. I hate housework in all forms. I’d rather be hanging out. I like a clean, organized house, but it’s a total drag for me.
3. Michael cleans the toilet. I can, but don’t. It’s his one chore.
4. I love mid-century modern design! Step into our home and you’ll quickly figure that out.
5. I never saw myself as a mom – I knew I’d have kids someday, but never put the two together! Duh. It’s taught me to lay down my selfishness. I’m still working on that. My heart has exploded for my daughter – it amazes me, the heart’s capacity to love.
6. My favorite city is Chicago. My kind of town! And the flights are cheap from here.
7. I love to sleep. No, I am currently not depressed. It’s a luxury to me. I haven’t embraced the early morning yet.
8. My favorite book growing up was “To Kill A Mockingbird”. It’s still in my top three faves. I kidnapped my parent’s copy, and wanted to name my daughter Scout. That got vetoed.
9. I haven’t finished college yet. I got pregnant before I could finish. A word to the wise: finish school before you get married! I still plan on going back and getting my graphic design degree. I love art.
10. I love living IN the city. The houses have character (and characters roam the streets!), the neighborhoods have huge trees and old main-streets, and quirkiness lives next-door to sophistication. We’ll probably never live in the suburbs, since Michael’s caught the midtown fever too.
OK, now I tag: