My friend, Jane, has a little New Year’s tradition that I’ve adopted: she asks God for a single word that she will focus on throughout the coming year. Not as self-fulfilling prophecy, not a goal, or an end; but a year-long life-study. I’ve found that fascinating. So, through my blog-rolling, googling, and wikipeding, I’ve come across this word: jubilee. It just struck me, and as soon as I read it I remembered Jane’s tradition. So I’ve read about the Year of Jubilee in the Bible (Leviticus 25), been pondering the meaning of the word, looking back at mine and Michael’s lives this past year, and ahead, talking with Michael about it….and I think that’s the word. Jubilee. A solemn celebration, total reliance on our Lord: a lesson in trust, a lesson in giving back. Something that requires restraint on our part, and provision coming from the hand of God. Holding things loosely. Should be a fascinating celebration, this year.
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 4 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 4 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola