…means having ‘our’ Christmas in Des Moines, and then going ‘home’ to Omaha to celebrate with our families. One of the highlights for me was to attend Christmas Eve service at the church we grew up in. Parts of Handel’s “Messiah” was performed and old hymns were sung, accompanied this time by a pipe organ and choir. It was soulfully uplifting, more than recent years for some reason – both Michael and I were near tears during “O Holy Night”! (yup, it ‘got’ us.) I won’t lie, we are currently experiencing a little post-holiday depression – the stockings are still hung, the tree is still up. And we are officially BORED. Cabin fever is setting in. So I’m back at blogging. Hiatus over.
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 4 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 4 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 5 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 5 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 5 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola