Today it’s raining….finally. One day after I get our kiddie pool set up in the backyard. Go figure. It’s the perfect day for Miles Davis (Kind of Blue), list-making, more coffee, and a good book. Summer rain’s the best, because you can open your windows and the warm, rainy smell comes inside. How perfect! We need this rain. Makes me feel a lot better about spending the day doing laundry. Good justification for naps, too. After traveling every weekend for the past five, it feels good to have this ‘slow’ day at home today. Gonna hunker down and watch the rain fill up the pool from the dining room. Pen in hand, it’s also a good day for writing. Catching some inspiration today, just like the pool outside.
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 3 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 3 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola