We have a neighbor whom we realized deserves a paragraph in cyberspace. The man is a mystery. He lives across the street with his wife and kids, drives a Suburban (too slowly, in my opinion), and looks pretty normal. Until he gets out of it. The man has almost-knee-high galoshes on – the kind the Gorton’s Fisherman wears! We don’t live in a flood plain, so far as I know, and the forecast doesn’t call for rain until late next week. Literally, the man wears them rain or shine, hot or cold, EVERY SINGLE DAY. What is the deal? Does his wife not say, “Hey, Honey, you know it’s pretty warm out today, how about some sandals instead?” Or shoes, or even hiking boots but something other than those dang galoshes! Why, oh why? OK, if you want to own maybe only one pair of something to cover your feet, would galoshes be the most practical choice? I mean, they kinda make your feet sweat. Especially in summer. Not very warm in the winter. Perhaps, just maybe, I should possibly ask Michael to some time speak to him about his choice of footwear. Maybe Napoleon Dynamite is this guy’s fashion hero. Whatever it is, he’s rockin’ the pants-in-boots look!
- I voted for #Neb in the #UltimateTeam competition! espn.com/NCAAUltimateTe… 4 years ago
- RT @David_EHG: DEVELOPING: Top NSA & DOJ Officials Have Fled U.S. - Obama Admin Files Espionage Charges dailykos.com/story/2013/07/… | cc @Wikile… 4 years ago
- Principle above political party. This article is BRILLIANT. Read it if you dare, and be challenged: m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/… 4 years ago
- RT @southernavenger: Shep Smith Grills McCain Over His Rand Paul Criticism, Offends Him By Calling Him 'Interventionist' http://t.co/NDz ... 4 years ago
- RT @kathryndelong: AG Holder (finally) says that WH doesnt have authority to kill noncombatant US citizens on US soil. h/t @CorieWhalen ... 4 years ago
Mrs. Ames., E.F. Benson
Finding Organic Church, by Frank Viola